Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homecoming

So last night I went to my high school's homecoming events. I've always gone to see the homecoming football game and for the past two years I've gone to the homecoming dance, but for my last homecoming there were a couple of firsts for me.

Parade: For the first time I took part in the homecoming parade. The theme of the parade was Going Green so are float had an environmental theme to it. I had a special part in this parade. I was a dancing solar panel. I'm not kidding and it was my idea. We also had a "silent rave" in which my class listened to our MP3 players and danced during the whole parade.

Football Game: I went to see the game which we won. Before the game all of my school's fall sports teams where on the field and told how there are doing this year. Also, the seniors on the football team were introduced before the game. It was a good game. It was also cold. Every we* tried to get some hot chocolate to warm us up they ran out.

*This would be a good time to talk about another first for me. I took a girl with me to the homecoming dance. I actually took her to the parade, game and dance.

Dance: I had a fun time at the dance. Now I say dance but despite what others tell me I really, really don't think I can dance. About the only dance I can do is the one that goes "To the left. Take it back now y'all." And has sure as the sun will rise there will always play Cotton Eye Joe, Baby Got Back, and Jump On It at these dances. Anyway, there was one very cool thing that happened at the dance. Both me and the girl I took were nominated for Homecoming King and Queen respectfully for our class. We didn't win but I thought is was still cool that happened.

6 comments:

derrick said...

Woohoo! So darkside you're becoming a popular guy eh? (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.) Glad to hear you had a good time. Time for dance lessons?

BroEl said...

So does this mean the marching band didn't play at any of these events? 8O (at least the game and parade anyways)

DSOTA said...

Nope BroEl. Our marching band never does any of that at homecoming.

BroEl said...

So you guys don't ever play at football games then? Or just the homecoming one? Either way that's retarded, I mean, you guy's are the marching band for heaven's sake! I mean we didn't even have a marching band in high school and we STILL played at all the games, especially homecoming!

DSOTA said...

We don't play at anything. We just march in the summer.

BroEl said...

Yeah, that really sucks man. Oh well, what can you do I guess. At least you get to march when you do anyways.