Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Your Pinkie or Football

I can't remember what school it was but an offensive linemen for a D-II college team decided to have a pinkie amputated instead of having surgery on it that would have ended his senior year of playing. And this comes in a week were Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo is out for a month for a broken pinkie on his throwing arm. Now, I don't know wither or not what this college kid did was incredibly brave or incredibly stupid but I guess he thought that football was more impotent to him then his little finger. And besides, there was talk that he might of needed the finger amputated anyway. So, I guess it's best to deal with it sooner then later.

1 comment:

derrick said...

Either that or he was a disgraced yakuza member in a previous life. Nonetheless, if he was being advised that it should be amputated for his long term health and welfare then I suppose the choice was the best one.