Monday, September 8, 2008

Pissed Catholic Mother

A good friend of mine I knew form school posted a respond video on You Tube for a video called Pissed Catholic Mother. If you've never seen this video all I can say is yikes.



Powerful isn't it? I think that the way this mother handled the situation was wrong. Now my friend and I have different opinions when it comes to religion. I do not have a problem with religion; I think religion is generally good and far from being useless. So I not saying this because I'm anti-religion, I saying this because the son should have the right to believe what he wishes to believe. I can tell that she is a very devout believer so it wouldn't have been bad to talk to her son and ask why he no longer believes in God, but she shouldn't have verbally lashed out at him.

I won't completely condemn her for this because I know that when people get angry they do things that they would not normally do. So, I hope that by the time this video was taken to now that these two have "buried the hatchet " and gone back to being a happy family. If not, then I hope that the son has stuck to what he believes.

I know I have friends that are very religious so I would love to hear your opinion.

3 comments:

braves said...

I'd like to comment on this video, but I can't really make a comment, because how can I judge what 2 people have done based on a 46 second video? I'm sure there's a lot more to it.

Pastachan said...

That is completely ridiculous. She seriously needs to watch more George Carlin videos on YouTube.

Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Haha. No offense, though.

BroEl said...

Hey, sorry, I just barely was able to start following your blog so I wasn't able to comment until now. ^_^'

Anyways, like braves said, I don't know how much I can actually comment on just that much, it'd probably be easier if there was more to it. I will say though that I don't think anyone should be forced to believe in god. That's something that one has to receive by their own will, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose. I mean I can understand why she lost her temper like that I mean, that's something that has to be pretty hard for a very religious parent to hear coming from their child so naturally she would, you know, like "where did we go wrong?" type of thing, but in the end they just have to realize that it's their choice and they have to respect that, whether they agree with it or not.